It’s “Spring Cleaning” time and you’re probably beginning to use your outdoor space a lot more. Whether you have a wood or composite deck, these tips will go a long way in keeping your deck in tiptop shape!
To maintain the integrity of your space and keep it in good shape, consider the following:*
- Complete and return your warranty right away. This way, if damage does occur, you’re in the best position to make an immediate claim.
- Clean stains as they occur.
- Clean your deck at least once a year to remove pollen and ordinary dirt.
- Avoid dragging furniture across your deck to prevent damage to the surface.
- Depending on the decking material, damp rugs, grill mats, and/or flower pots could result in water stains or other damage.
- Mind the gap. If the gap between decking boards is less than 3/16″, organic debris such as leaves, seeds, or pollen can settle and potentially clog gaps. Keeping the gap free of debris is the best way to prevent mold growth and stains from organic matter.
*Please note: Any suggestions or tips in this document should not supersede a manufacturer’s instructions.